2020 – the year many brides edge away from conventional expectations on the fashion front to rock a more pared-back bridal look. Quite frankly, if you know us, we’re definitely here for it.
To flood you with ideas on the wedding dress front, we’re delighted to share Shona Joy’s new bridal edit below, where you’ll find a contemporary yet classic collection of styles for both brides and bridesmaids set at a very attractive price point.
This Australian-based clothing brand is known for its feminine chic vibe with a sexy, playful flare. Personally? We’ve been big fans of Shona Joy for eons – one of our founders dressed her bridesmaids in her designs. So seeing the brand now venture into the bride-space with a line of modern, non-traditional garments (think: not all dresses) is floating our boat very, very much.
Before we jump into it, here are a bunch of tips to consider when choosing a wedding outfit that’s right for you:
- Consider checking out non-bridal boutiques that specialise in occasion-wear (like Shona Joy) that offer stylish designs, without the price tag.
- Choose the style that you feel most comfortable in and that shows off your personality too. You can look and feel amazing without spending a small fortune.
- If you’re shopping online, investigate further into the brand’s social media (stalk their branded hashtags and tagged snaps) or other online stockists to see the garment modelled on other figures.
- Ignore traditional expectations or ‘rules’ – wear what you like, and what feels good. This might be a top and skirt combo, or a tuxedo pant.
- Consider the location of your wedding, the season (more specifically, the temperature) and theme.
Whether you’re the bride to be, a bride in need of a hen’s party dress or a guest of an upcoming wedding, there’s a tonne of options on Shona Joy to consider for this wedding season. Scroll on to see what we’re talking about.
Featuring a twist top in a luxurious satin sheen, this cropped top has a flattering neckline, keyhole back, flutter sleeve and twist waist detail. Not to mention, it’s paired perfectly with their flattering maxi skirt.
This all-season outfit is a look we see being worn at an engagement party, recovery party or even the wedding – with tuxedo combos becoming a lot more popular in the wedding space. Featuring a tie front and a low neckline, this blouse is perfectly matched with their high banded waistline tuxedo pant, completed with decorative front buttons and side pockets.