Her dress was wee’d on, she stacked it down the aisle and her hubs-to-be didn’t know what he was wearing until moments before the ceremony. But instead of flipping out, Kelsey took it in her stride and in turn, gave a whole new meaning to the word bridechilla.
Held at BoxGrove (one of our favourite NSW country wedding venues) and captured by Michael Briggs (who we can also highly recommend), you can read all about Kelsey and Cam’s day below. Special shout-outs also to Hunting Louise who designed the couple’s beautiful stationery.
Tell us about how you met and the proposal?
We met at university in 2010. We were next door neighbours in our dorm on campus and started dating three months after we met.
Cam proposed to me when we were on holiday in Norway in 2015. We were putting a lock on the Tromso Bridge (the views from the bridge are BEAUTIFUL – look them up!) and he proposed in the snow in the middle of the bridge.
What DIY projects did you do accomplish for the wedding?
N/A! We didn’t even contemplate trying anything ourselves!
What was your theme/inspiration/vibe for your wedding?
We are definitely relaxed people and we really wanted a chilled out and relaxed vibe for our wedding. Our theme and inspiration really came from nature – we wanted natural greens and whites for the decorations and different but unified tones and styles for the bridesmaids.
What traditions did you involve during your big day?
We are not traditional people so we didn’t really follow any traditions for our wedding. We did a first look, we wrote our own vows, the bridesmaids walked down the aisle together and my sister walked me down the aisle! 🙂
What advice would you give to other couples leading up to their big day?
Enjoy the process of wedding planning! It should be fun planning all the aspects of your wedding with your partner and closest family and friends! Have confidence in the vision you have and stick with what you want.
What does marriage mean to you?
I am the kind of person who didn’t really dream of my wedding as a young girl. I wasn’t sure of the exact significance of it until the day of, when we were both flooded with emotions and the realisation of the commitment we were making to each other.
Now that we are married, it’s amazing! There is so much to be proud of in our relationship and it’s the way that we look at each other now, almost with a renewed love and an understanding of our relationship, that makes the future really exciting.
What was your favourite moment on your wedding day?
1. The first look was incredibly special. We are extremely glad we decided to do a first look and share that initial moment between us rather than in front of everyone. We relaxed a bit more after that and it allowed us to spend more time with our guests after the ceremony too.
2. Both of our families live minimum three hours away, some interstate. Seeing everyone that we care about in the one place on our wedding day was really nice. Seeing our siblings and friends mingling on the dance floor was really fun too!
3. Our musician Lueth was INCREDIBLE! He and our photographer Briggsy created such a cool vibe with our guests and I think that really contributed to the overall feel of the day. They were more popular than us! 😉
Tell us any funny stories that surrounded your wedding?
1. I had a tiny stack walking down the aisle! (You’ll see a picture of me laughing with my sister Tamara and Cam – it’s my absolute favourite!)
2. Cam not knowing what he was going to wear until he was literally getting dressed with his brothers on the day – that was probably the most stressful part of the whole planning process but also exceptionally funny!
3. Our baby nephew Troyson weed on my wedding dress when we were on the dance floor! What a story for his 21st!
Sam Smith – Latch (Acoustic).
First dance song?
James Arthur – Say You Won’t Let Go.
CREDITS Photos Michael Briggs Photography // Flowers Ivory Rose Botanicals // Ceremony and reception BoxGrove // Catering Bev’s Catering // Bridal gown Idora Bridal // Bridesmaid dresses Love Affair Clothing // Grooms suit Rhodes & Beckett // Rings Linda & Co // Accessories Linden Cook // Cake Cakes by Katrina // Stationery Hunting Louise // Hair and makeup LUXE Hair and Body // Entertainment Lueth Ajak Music // Celebrant Ebonee Egan.
Find more NSW wedding venues right here.