Postponed your wedding recently? Who’s to say that you can’t celebrate your would-have-been wedding day?
When the date does roll around, we suggest having a jam-packed day of fun planned to keep your spirits high and to mark the occasion.
Here are some ideas to help you celebrate your would-have-been wedding date:
- Plan a date night for you and your partner at home. We’re talking candles, tunes, mood lighting and damn good food and drink or a special movie.
- Or, have a virtual party with some of your guests using the House Party app and play your wedding Spotify playlist at the same time. Then drink and dance the night away.
- Buy an extra spesh bottle of wine, or go the full length and enjoy a magnum bottle. You know, treat yo self.
- Brighten up your home with some fresh blooms from your wedding florist, or if you had a destination wedding planned, support a local florist closer to home.
- Write each other a special note or card on how much you guys mean to each other to remember what’s most important during this time – your loved ones.
- Order in from your wedding caterer and eat something seriously delish from your wedding menu.
- Make an effort with one another. Shave your legs. Wash your hair. Smell good. Wear deodorant. With many of us now working from home, these things may not matter on the daily, so put in some self-care to feel amazing.
- Consummate your would-have-been marriage. You’ll probably be more sober and willing than your actual wedding day where according to our survey, you’re less likely to do this.
- And to complete the evening, order a dessert or a mini version of your wedding cake.
These are just a few ideas we’ve come up with and we’d love to hear yours. Drop them into the comments below or share this with a friend who needs to read this.
And hey, if you’re in need of some extra support right now, we’re always here for you in our couples-only Facebook group, ‘Wedchat by WedShed’. Share your would’ve-been-wedding day pics via DM on Instagram.
Photography by Willow and Co.
++++ Other reads: