About This Vendor
Mr Goaty Gelato is an all natural premium artisan gelato made on the NSW Central Coast using seasonal ingredients from our kitchen garden. Founded by former Three Blue Ducks chef, Dan Hughes, inspiration for Mr Goaty came from his childhood in rural England and Greece, surrounded by cows and goats and their delicious fresh milk. After many years working in Michelin star restaurants across Europe and as a private chef in Monaco and London, Dan arrived in Sydney ready to surf and make gelato.
Famous for our unique, gold medal-winning jersey cow gelato and goat’s milk gelato, we also churn delicious dairy-free vegan sorbets. Mr Goaty travels far and wide to festivals, food shows and of course, weddings. We love weddings!
Choose between our vintage ice cream van, classic gelato tricycle, or rustic reclaimed wood kiosk, filled with any of our delicious flavours. Our signature “garden to gelato” flavours include Honeycomb & Lavender, Banana Cinnamon Caramel, Turmeric & Orange and Cherry, Rose & Orange Blossom. We also do all the classics like Salted Caramel, Raspberry Ripple, Milky White Chocolate, Roasted Hazelnut and more. For the full mouth-watering list check out the flavours page on our website.
For each happy couple we also like to create an extra special bespoke flavour just for the day that’s meaningful and fun.
Pricing dependent on specific requirements, number of guests and location. Cones, cups, and pro-scooping gelato servers all included. Please get in touch for more details and a quote. Visit our website to see what happily married couples have said about Mr Goaty at their wedding!
Servicing Sydney, South Coast, Canberra, Southern Highlands, Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Newcastle, Hunter Valley and beyond.
- Three words that describe you? Passionate, creative, perfectionist.
- Best wedding-related tip? Don't forget to invite witnesses! My wife and I did and almost had to cancel the ceremony. Makes for a good story though.
- Favourite place in the world? French Alps (where Mr and Mrs Goaty met).
- Tip-off on your predicted next wedding trend? Low impact, sustainable weddings. Keeping it real and simple with ethical gifts, local food produce and secondhand suits and dresses.
- #1 dance-floor song request At Last by Etta James
- Fav thing about your job? Working from home a lot means I get to spend more time with my delightfully mad three-year-old daughter. Hopefully having a dad who makes gelato will give her extra cred in the playground.
- Last meal on earth? Smoky BBQ lambchops with freshly cut mustard leaves from my garden. Followed by a tub of Bananna Caramel Mr Goaty.