Sheesh, it’s pretty hard this whole speaking from the heart thing, isn’t it?
‘How to write your wedding vows’ is Googled way more than you think, and for good reason. Most people have never written them before, and have no idea how to get started. If you’ve landed here and are looking for some inspo to get started, then power to you. It’s not unusual to get writer’s block and leave it to the last minute, so we’ve pulled a bunch of beautiful love quotes to help get those creative juices flowing.
Aside from inspiring you to get started on your vows, these also make great quotes to put on any wedding signage.
So, let’s do this, shall we? Here they are. And hey, if you’re inspired to put pen to paper, then do check out our guide to writing your own wedding vows.
Photography by BXCSMITH.
- “For all the things my hands have held, the best by far is you.” ― Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness
- “Anyone can be passionate but it takes real lovers to be silly.” ― Rose Franken
- “It is a curious thought, but it is only when you see people looking ridiculous that you realize just how much you love them.” — Agatha Christie
- “I think I’d miss you even if we never met.” — The Wedding Date
- “Marriage is about becoming a team. You’re going to spend the rest of your life learning about each other, and every now and then, things blow up. But the beauty of marriage is that if you picked the right person and you both love each other, you’ll always figure out a way to get through it.” ― Nicholas Sparks
- “Whatever souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” —Emily Brontë
- “Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be.” — Robert Browning
- “We’re all a little weird, and life’s a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.” — Dr. Seuss
- “Love is a little word; people make it big.” ― Unknown
- “Love is an emotion experienced by the many and enjoyed by the few.” — Unknown
- “I love her, and that’s the beginning and end of everything.” – F Scott Fitzgerald
- “Love is a friendship that has caught fire.” – Ann Landers
- “Maybe I don’t know that much but I know this much is true, I was blessed because I was loved by you.” – Celine Dion
- “Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.” – Zelda Fitzgerald
- “We are most alive when we’re in love” – John Updike
- “The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing” – Blaise Pascal
- “You don’t marry someone you can live with, you marry someone you can’t live without’ – Unknown
- “To me, you are perfect” – Love Actually
- “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other” – Audrey Hepburn
- “Love is the flower, you’ve got to let it grow” – John Lennon
- “All you need is love” – The Beatles
- “In all the world, there is no love for you like mine” – Maya Angelou
- “You had me at hello” – Jerry Maguire
- “I need vitamin U” – Unknown
- “You’re not just my number one, you’re my only one” – Unknown
- “And suddenly all the love songs were about you” – Unknown
- “I just need you and some sunsets” – Atticus