About This Vendor
Hello brides! My name is Jo Bentley. I am an experienced freelance makeup artist with a career spanning almost 17 years, working in primarily in Television and bridal.
When it comes to your wedding day look, I know just how to create flawless, natural, and timeless makeup looks. Creating a moment of calm for my brides on their wedding day is my priority while collaborating with my clients to create the wedding make up look of their dreams.
In addition to looking after the brides of Sydney and beyond, I have also been a senior makeup artist for Channel Nine Sydney for 16 years, working on the Today Show with beautiful faces like, Georgie Gardner, Sylvia Jeffreys and Allison Langdon. Being part of the Channel Nine Sydney makeup team for the TV week Logie awards is the highlight of every year.
I am based on Sydney’s Northern Beaches. I am fully mobile and travel anywhere for my brides. I do many destinations weddings every year and service areas like Bowral, Hunter Valley, Mudgee, Tamworth and beyond.
A natural red-carpet look is my signature style. Whether it is a “clean girl” barely there makeup look or full glam, any look my client desires is attainable. During my bridal trials I love collaborating with my brides, listening to their ideas, and creating a stunning look that you will treasure in your wedding photos forever.
- Three words that describe you? Reliable, Fun, Passionate
- Best wedding-related tip? Invest in your skin with a good skincare routine and a treatment or two in the lead up to your wedding. Glowing skin = glowing makeup
- Favourite place in the world? The couch with my kids xox...... and Budapest!
- Fav thing about your job? Getting to meet and know so many amazing humans. The makeup industry has introduced me to so many inspiring women from brides to celebrities. Every day is different and you never stop learning.
- Tip-off on your predicted next wedding trend? Complete fluidity with all the traditional rules with weddings and bridal parties. So many Brides and Grooms now are having uneven numbers to either side of their bridal party. Bridesmaids are all in different styles of dresses and varying colours. I think we'll see more of that in the future.
You might also like
The Marmalade Sky
Sydney, NSW - Australia
Holy crap, you’re getting married! Congratulations!! I’m Kimberley, the owner and general chaos manager at The Marmalade Sky. I’m not just a florist. I’m not just a stylist. There are thousands of those already....
Event Hire, Florals, Styling, Wedding Planning + Coordination
Ava Me Photography
Sydney, NSW - Australia
From small beginnings to candid, photojournalistic wedding storyteller.