About This Vendor
We’re a husband and wife team based in Sydney, but will travel anywhere.
John first experienced photography as a child when, on special occasions, he was allowed a 35mm film camera and a roll of film. The resulting photos were, well, awful; but it was the low ember that grew into a firestorm of passion for creating beautiful, evocative images.
Iku received her first camera when she was 21 as a gift from her uncle, who is a passionate enthusiast. She was, back then, less passionate; but a holiday mishap led to the loss of that camera, and not wanting to upset her uncle she decided to buy a replacement — one which would turn an accidental loss into a blooming love of photography.
We met rather accidentally at a hanami picnic neither of us had planned to go to. Under the cherry blossom trees we bonded over photography, and our mutual love of pictures soon gave way to a mutual love, a beautiful wedding, and the birth of our son, Haruki.
We started Harustudio because we believe that photography is special, and everyone deserves something special in their lives. Our most treasured possessions are our photographs — pictures of the places we’ve been, of each other, and of our (not-so) little boy. We feel deeply about making photos that will capture moments that show how far you’ve come together, and will remind you of where you came from. We won’t direct you into being someone else, we’re here to capture you, as you are, at your best.
Our coverage starts at $2590, contact us for details.
- Three words that describe you? (Just) One more shot!
- Best wedding-related tip? It’s your party, so make it yours! Family, friends and everyone else can have their say, but decide what’s most important for you and don’t worry about the rest.
- Favourite place in the world? Okinawa.
- Tip-off on your predicted next wedding trend? Smaller, more intimate weddings, and destination elopements.
- #1 dance-floor song request Thriller, Michael Jackson.
- Fav thing about your job? The look on our client’s faces when they see their photos / beach time on a Tuesday.
- Last meal on earth? Okonomiyaki!
- Three things you'd take to a deserted island? Sunnies, Hammock, and a satellite phone.
You might also like
Orange, Country NSW - NSW
TIPI Interiors offers a country wedding floristry service in Central West NSW. Our flowers aren't perfectly structured, rather are pretty and elegant with a touch of whimsy and a nod to the bush.
Bespoke Country Weddings
Orange, Country NSW - NSW
Bespoke Country Weddings is a unique wedding styling, planning, DIY hire & floristry service servicing Country NSW. Our style embraces all things vintage, rustic, eclectic & creative...