About This Vendor
Keeping my hands busy with gorgeous blooms and lush textural foliage, getting out in the countryside and foraging along the backroads, working out new designs and exploring how to create them, keeping an eye on upcoming trends, working on fun collaborative photoshoots… these are a few of my favourite things!!
I am Carla Walsh, I run a busy creative floral studio operating from an historic shop front in the town of Rutherglen, North East Victoria. Specialising in floral and botanic design for weddings and events, my passion is to create beautiful designs for couples that are wishing to create a memorable day that is uniquely theirs.
- Three words that describe you? Creative, inventive, thoughtful.
- Best wedding-related tip? Go with your gut and choose what will please you on your day, not what will please others.
- Favourite place in the world? Anywhere warm, sunny and by the sea.
- Tip-off on your predicted next wedding trend? Lots of foliage, contrasting colours and textures, wild abandon....
- #1 dance-floor song request Violent Femmes - Blister in the Sun (usually at the end of the night).
- Fav thing about your job? The buzz and excitement of setting up the venue, seeing all of the planning come to life!
- Last meal on earth? Dark chocolate and red wine