About This Vendor
Louisiana Lucy was born out of a need for custom, sleek and well-designed furniture for hire, made from locally sourced, sustainable materials for events and weddings, and a love for the design and development of one-off pieces of furniture.
“Here at Louisiana Lucy, we do our upmost to create a feeling and experience, not just a piece of furniture.”
We have a passion for sustainability, and work tirelessly to create our furniture with thought, purpose and mindfulness. All our furniture has been handmade using local, recycled timber. All Louisiana Lucy furniture is designed and built by talented craftsmen, or restored in our local Bay Of Plenty workshop.
Husband and wife duo Hayden and Lucy Burke took their skills and combined them to create a unique offering for the wedding industry. They saw a gap and knew there were other couples out there like them, who wanted something different to what was currently being offered.
Louisiana Lucy is based in the Bay of Plenty.
- Three words that describe you? Loyal, easy-going and hard-working.
- Best wedding-related tip? Delegate! Don't try and do it all yourselves, that is what friends and family are for.
- Favourite place in the world? Home.
- #1 dance-floor song request The Rolling Stones - Sweet Virginia.
- Fav thing about your job? The incredible women I work with everyday.
- Last meal on earth? Wine.
- Three things you'd take to a deserted island? My family, a good book and a bottle of wine.