About This Vendor
The principal Canberra Celebrant is Steven Murray. That’s me! My job is to take the stress out of planning your wedding ceremony and in the process – get you married! I have 16 years experience in the wedding industry as a wedding photographer and have photographed over 500 weddings both in Australia and overseas.
Why is that important when you are looking for a celebrant? This experience means I can provide advice on most ceremony locations, timing of the ceremony, photography options and everything that will help make the day flow as easy as possible. If the day flows smoothly, you both will be happy and you will never forget your wedding day.
I also have been fortunate enough to marry over 200 couples who were looking for a wide range of different options, so I can now pass on that experience to you. My passion for weddings (I am a wedding junky) means I can offer my services to those couples who are looking for a modern, relaxed, fun and personal approach to their ceremony.
How much does it cost? Well that depends on the style of wedding you want. I prefer to meet with you, find out what you are looking for and then we can design a ceremony to suit your needs – and quote after we know what we are quoting on.
- Three words that describe you? relaxed, experienced, fun
- Best wedding-related tip? book everything early
- Favourite place in the world? Ningaloo Reef, Western Australia
- Tip-off on your predicted next wedding trend? Smaller weddings to reduce cost
- #1 dance-floor song request Depends on my mood!
- Fav thing about your job? I get to meet amazing couples
- Last meal on earth? Spicy salad, roast lamb with crispy potatoes followed by chocolate ice cream with loads of cream and goodies. Plus a glass of the best red wine.
- Three things you'd take to a deserted island? A furnished house, a woman (for company) and life time supply of food and drink