Ready to hit the shops and go wedding dress shopping? Congratulations – such fun times ahead. Before you hit the shops, we’ve enlisted the help of Natasha Duffy, the creative director of bridal brand White Meadow on the topic of all things wedding dress shopping and coronavirus. Here’s her advice:
- See if your boutique of choice is offering a ‘Try-On At Home Service’ like White Meadow is. A lot of boutiques have been closed up until this week and have therefore been offering this alternative service (and will continue to do so). It’s worked quite well for brides as they can try it on from the comfort of their own home and get the samples they’re loving delivered to them straight away.
- Do the bulk of your research online – we’re talking Pinterest stalking, Instagram lurking, and so forth. If you must go out, keep the bridal crew you take with you to a minimum.
- Most stores like White Meadow are still limiting the amount of staff and customers in a showroom at any one time, and are making sure additional cleaning is done after each client, as well as screening for any symptoms.
- Be ready to adapt to alternative ways to include your loved ones who can’t be there with you during the fitting. This is something White Meadow (and many other boutiques) have introduced. The wonderful technology tools such as FaceTime and taking photographs to send to your tribe has become the new norm!
- Keep an open mind – we know it’s a tricky time and so many people are having to be more flexible now than ever, but keep positive.
Photography by Jenny Wu Photography.